So, I'm not in North Africa yet. But I will be soon! Less than 5 months from today, I will be on a plane and on my way!
Covered in Dust
I heard a talk a few years ago from a guy named Rob Bell. He spoke about a lot of things, but the one thing that jumped out at me was his discussion on rabbis. In OT and NT days there were many rabbis who had their own followers. The rabbis would walk around town teaching and serving and their disciples would follow close by, soaking in every word, learning to do what their rabbi did. The way someone knew you were a follower is because the roads were so dusty, the disciples would be dirty from the dust that the rabbis kicked up as they walked.
He ended the talk with this statement, "May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi." So that's what I want to do. I want to follow so close behind JC that I am covered in His dust so to speak. I liked this name for my blog for 2 reasons: 1) from Rob's talk and 2) I will be living in the middle of the desert and may on most days be literally covered in dust!
Check back for updates. They will get more frequent (and more interesting I'm sure!) once I go to training and head overseas.
Thanks for reading and joining me on this journey.
2 comments:
Thanks for the link. It is now on my favorites. I think the blog name is perfect. Can't wait to witness your journey from afar. We are praying for you!
I love it April, we are so stoked to follow your journey and be thinking of you and supporting you in what you are doing in Africa. Blessings sis and it has been good to journey with you this far.
Chris
Post a Comment