Sunday, December 14, 2008

Welcome Christmas, bring your Light.

I love this time of year. I really do. Christmas has the best music, the best decorations and smells, the best movies and the best reason to celebrate. I love Buddy the Elf and the Grinch, George Bailey and Ralphie. But most of all, I love the One that is the reason for all the celebrating. Have you ever really listened to the lyrics of Christmas carols? They're incredible. I can't get over it.

Joy to the world. The L-rd is come. Let earth receive her King. Let every heart prepare Him room, and Heaven and nature sing. He rules the world with truth and grace and makes the nations prove the glories of His righteousness and wonders of His love.

His law is love and His gspl is peace...chains shall He break, for the slave is our brother and in His name all oppression shall cease.

O come Emmanuel...O come desire of nations.

Pray for peace people everywhere. The child sleeping in the night, He will bring us goodness and light.


Being in this part of the world during this time of year is not easy, but I am constantly reminded of how much these people need Him. He walked near here. They are so close to Him, and yet so far away. Remember me and the people here during this time and rejoice because as our friend Luke wrote He is the "good news of great joy which will be for ALL the people."

No comments: