Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I live in a city of contrasts.

Where the ancient and the modern collide. Donkeys share the road with Mercedes. Shacks nestle up against villas. Crosses and crescents light up the skyline. Life teems in the City of the Dead. It really is fascinating.

This is the place where you can get almost anything delivered to your door 24 hours a day but a PB&J is almost unheard of. Most days, you just have to laugh. But in the middle of the chaos, He is here and He is working. And I get to be a part of it.

I wouldn't have it any other way.



2 comments:

Matt and Stacey said...

I love all of the contrasts you did! very well written and soooooo true! hey, we need to add all of those to our "blog"....what do you think? I think it would make a grear intro!

chrissy.nicole said...

I think about you often my dear. Now i know how you felt before you left for your new home. The feeling of being torn between the countries is a bizzarre and strange thing. But equally exciting. Your in my prayer often! Take care and keep me updated on ways to pray.