I have friends that are scattered all over the world. I read their blogs about life in the culture they find themselves in and I laugh because I feel like I could've written the same thing. Everything is different, yet everything is the same. I think it speaks to the idea that no matter where you are, people are essentially the same. They may look different, speak another language and have different ideas about life and family, but they all want and need the same thing.
Currently, horns are honking and my neighbors on the 3rd floor have been drilling on their balcony for two days now. I never saw myself here, but I can't imagine living any place else. My life is not what I thought it would be.
3 comments:
Beautiful photo & blog, April. You are blessed to live such a wonderful adventure. Life with God, even for us in suburbia, sometimes pulls me into the bizarre disparity between what I am doing and what I thought I would have.
i completely understand. haha i was totally thinking about how random my life has become but yet there's a peace in the chaos. we need to have a skype date soon! i would love to hear more about your everyday stuff! and plus i have a ton of random stories that will cause your stomach to hurt from laughing. talk to you soon!
Just found your blog. Love this entry....and yes...I think I could have written the same thing!
Post a Comment