Country music makes me nostalgic. Which is funny because I never really listened to it much back in the States. It was always in my peripheral, I guess, because of where I grew up. So now, it reminds me of home. And I guess it's the nature of the songs, too. Love found and lost, growing up, family, true friends, and sweet tea--among other beverages. I've been in a country music mood the past few days and thus, thinking of home and what that really means.
Home is a fluid concept these days. Home is here. Home is Texas. Home is Tulsa. I'm lucky I guess, to have more than one place to call home. But that also lends itself to my wandering nature. I tend to not stay in more than one place for long. After about a year or two I begin to feel a need for something else. A new place, a new adventure, a new start. I've found that leaving is good and necessary. It makes you realize what you really loved about what you left behind and what you're really looking for around the next turn. I don't feel like I'm running, but I do feel like I'm on a journey. A journey to who I'm supposed to be and a journey to know Him more. And home is wherever He is.
So I'll keep traveling with my band of gypsies down the highway. Because this is the life I love.

2 comments:
Does this mean your Texas Bound? I can't wait for you to meet the superheroes in person. I'll have the chick-fil-a and a Dr. Pepper waiting for you!
Beautifully put!
Post a Comment