Monday, June 22, 2009

go up to a high mountain

I just got back from an incredible weekend. Me and a few friends took a trip to hike up Mount Sinai and finish up the weekend at the beach. It was amazing to read about a place in the Bible and then put my hands and feet on it. The climb was not easy, but it was completely worth it. I know there's a metaphor or life lesson in there somewhere, but I'm still digesting the fact that I was at the place where Moses met God face to face. We climbed at night and watched the sunrise on top of the mountain. I've never seen the stars like that or seen that kind of view from a mountain top before. Truly incredible.



After spending the night on the mountain and trekking down the next morning, we headed east to a great little beach town. Once again, I was amazed at His creation. The water and beach were amazingly beautiful. It was a great weekend with friends and my Father. I am truly thankful for the opportunities He is giving me here. Whether it's time away to refresh or time spent doing the work, He is so good and I can't imagine being anywhere else.




No comments: