4 months. 4...can count them on one hand...4. That's how many months I have left in this place. When I was on the other side of this, 4 months seemed like a long time to have been here. Now, these next few months will pass like the blink of an eye.
I should really be packing right now. I am moving apartments next week and have only one box packed. One of my least favorite things in life is packing. Hence the procrastination. Also, I'm sad to leave this place I have called home for the last few years. I've learned a lot, grown, laughed, and cried a lot here. It holds memories and carries familiarity.
I guess I'm relearning one of the many lessons I've learned in this process: Leaving home is never easy, but often necessary. I do, however, have a great place to go to next. I'll have a roommate again and be near friends who are also my teammates. It gives me hope for when I have to pack up and leave again in just a few short months. It will be SO hard to leave this place, but I have a great place to go--home. I have 2 homes now. It's a blessing and a curse. In one, always missing the other. But I am so thankful to be able to feel at home in more than one place. I am grateful for this experience the Father has led me to, and I am looking forward to the next one.
1 comment:
Oh I remember that feeling all to well! My words of advice, embrace every emotion along the way. It's the healthiest thing you can do. The good, the bad and the ugly. He created us to have emotions and having been in your shoes, the emotions are going to continue for the next few months! But thankfully most of those emotions will be joy and thankfulness! Love you girl! CANNOT wait to have coffee with you!
Post a Comment