Sunday, August 1, 2010

lunch on the floor with a priest

If I had a dollar for everything I've done in the past few years that I thought I'd never do.

About a week ago, two friends were in town checking out some of the work that we do here in the city. We went to go visit a church that we partner with funding small business projects in the community. We visited the businesses and then were invited to lunch. Oh my goodness, it was some of the best food I've ever had. And it was served on the floor on newspaper. Even better. Surrounded by the priest, his family, and the volunteer leaders of the church we laughed and ate until we couldn't eat anymore. It was so much fun and felt like being with family. Truly one of the best days I have spent here.

the neighborhood

a plastic recycling shop

impatiently waiting for lunch to be served

so much food

bil hanna wa shifa

a playground on the way to the metro...check out the guy on the swing

I love this place.

No comments: