Since I have a) driven a car and b) been on an airplane. Both of which are very strange for me.
I have however, taken many other various forms of transportation in my year here: taxi, bus, camel, train, tuk tuk. The list goes on.
I like mile markers in life. I think it's one of the reasons I like days like birthdays and New Year's and Christmas so much. Not only is it a time for celebrating, but also a time to reflect. It has been quite the year. At times it feels like I've been here forever (in a good way) and others, it feels like I just landed.
I have learned a lot and have experienced things I never dreamed of. And the more I learn, the more I realize I know nothing. And nothing is as important as knowing HIM. I think that's the biggest lesson I've learned. No matter what place I lay my head, He is there and He wants me to know Him.
And just so you know...I have the best family in the world. I know some of you out there think you've got the market cornered on that, but I am sorry to tell you that you are wrong. Deal with it. Their love and support for me on this journey made it hard, yet possible to leave. They are wonderful and I am so thankful for them. I just read through some notes they gave to me before I left and it was just what I needed today. Encouraging and motivating.
So, we'll see what this next year brings. I have no idea what to expect. And I'm OK with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment