Monday, November 9, 2009

when it rains it pours

In a figurative sense of course! I think I need a new idiom for this part of the world :)

The past few weeks have been busy, but really great. We just had a team come from the States to work with autistic children and their families. They did a GREAT job and we had a lot of fun. A lot of doors were opened for future work and they did an excellent job with the kids. It was an honor to watch them use their God-given gifts for His glory.

While the team was here, some friends from home moved to the city to serve long term. It has been so great having them here. We have been busy helping them get settled and shop for things for their home. Please keep them in your thoughts as they and their little one adjust to life in a new place.


Currently, I'm sitting in my supervisors' living room staying with their kids because she just had her appendix removed. And tomorrow I go downtown to renew my visa. Never a dull moment!

Nov 10-UPDATE: To add to the craziness that is my life--I just spent the last 2 and a half hours emptying and cleaning my refrigerator and freezer so the repairman can come fix it tomorrow. All of my food is in my landlady's refrigerator and dinner is on the way. I am always thankful for delivery here...especially tonight!

No comments: